Eastern Capitals & the Dalmatian Riviera - Small Group
From Vienna to Ljubljana and onto Dubrovnik, this grand tour takes in the natural wonders of Plitvice National Park, the historic wartime Sarajevo Tunnel of Hope and the ancient town of Trogir-founded by the Greek Empire over 2000 years ago. Beginning the journey in royal style, a Schönbrunn Palace tour in Vienna brings the dynasty of the Habsburgs to life as a Local Expert guides you through the palatial ballrooms, and stately grounds. In the Slovenian capital, the intoxicating aromas of Ljubljanan’s Central Market are food for the soul, while the Croatian capital of Zagreb showcases the architectural grandeur of its twin towns. A tour of the Dalmatian Riviera serves up the 1700-year-old cellars of Split and the pearl of the Adriatic-Dubrovnik.
- Choose between two carefully selected activities
- Plitvice Lakes National Park: Join a Local Expert to explore Plitvice National Park. Learn about the studies taking place to monitor and protect the natural habitat, and education initiatives on the marine environment and best practices for a low-impact experience. The site participates in habitat restoration and is constantly working to protect the parks natural ecosystems and animal population. The staff educate their visitors about local traditions and share their personal story of the village with great passion from personal knowledge and experience. This experience advances UN Sustainable Development Goal 14: Life Below Water, UN Sustainable Development Goal 15: Life On Land and UN Sustainable Development Goal 11: Sustainable cities & Communities. Alternatively, meet the industrious women of the Tara Community Center.
- Plitvice Lakes National Park: Through its income the Tara Center has built a small community Center that is used by the Tara Citizens’ Association, a collective of mostly older women, many of whom were refugees. There the women produce handicrafts which have giving them a much-needed financial and psychological boost. The staff educate their visitors about local traditions and share their personal story of the village with great passion from personal knowledge and experience. The Tara Center advances UN Sustainable Development Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities and UN Sustainable Development Goal 11: Sustainable cities & Communities. Alternatively, join a Local Expert to explore Plitvice National Park.
- : Our Well-Being Directors take a proactive approach to your welfare ensuring all well-being regulations are met (available on tours with 21 or more guests).
- : Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxurious, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom. Our customized luxury coaches are sanitized before the start of your tour and are maintained to very high standards. Physical distancing measures have been implemented on our customized luxury coaches.
- : Experience enhanced hygiene protocols to align with the latest guidance following COVID-19.All Travel Directors, Well-Being Directors and Drivers have completed training in enhanced well-being and hygiene protocols.
- : We only work with establishments we are confident will consistently adhere to our high well-being standards, which include hotels, restaurants and sight-seeing venues.
- : Hand sanitizer is freely available on board for you to use throughout the day.
- : "It's magical to see how a group of guests comes together over the course of our trip. I can always tell when that's happening because suddenly the enthusiasm is palpable."
- : "One thing I really love about showing guests Eastern Europe is the rich history and culture of places that have previously been impossible to visit due to political situations."
- Vienna: Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a drink, followed by a pleasant Welcome Dinner served with wine at a local restaurant.
- Ljubljana: Your Travel Director offers you a varied selection of charming restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening - a culinary experience not to be missed.
- Sarajevo: You are invited into a Sarajevan family home for a dinner and drinks. Savour the warm hospitality and authentic cuisine as you hear inspirational stories about their culture.
- Dubrovnik: Toast the culmination of your journey with a typical Dalmatian Coast Celebration Dinner, accompanied with wine and grappa.
- Dining Summary: 6 Dinner with Wine (DW), and 13 Breakfast (B)
- Vienna: A private, guided exploration of Schönbrunn Palace will have all your senses tingling. Stand beneath frescoed ceilings, crystal chandeliers and gilded Rococo frames where Mozart performed as a child prodigy.
- Vienna: During your orientation led by your Travel Director, travel along the Ring Road to see the Hofburg Imperial Residence, Opera House, Parliament Building and Karlskirche.
- Maribor: Led by your Travel Director, explore this charming city, the second largest in Slovenia. Take a moment to appreciate the blend of old and new architecture.
- Ljubljana: Spend time with your Local Expert in the glorious Central Market and learn about some of the Slovenian delicacies on display and relish in a tasting.
- Ljubljana: Explore this elegant capital with your Local Expert, to see the castle City Hall, Cathedral of St Nicholas and Triple Bridge.
- Zagreb: Your Local Expert guides you this two-tiered capital. Explore Donji Grad, the Lower Town, and see the Mimara Art Museum in Roosevelt Square, Ban Josip Jelacic Square and the cathedral.
- Zagreb: Ride the funicular to Gornji Grad, the medieval Upper Town, to view the former Presidential Palace, Stone Gate, St. Mark's Church and the Lotršcak Tower.
- Trogir: See the cathedral...